Passion fruit and mango possets
Passion fruit and mango possets and peanut butter shortbread
Photography: Lauren McLean Styling: Olia Hercules
Mango and passion fruit possets and peanut shortbread
Serves 6 (70ml each)
5 passion fruits
250ml double cream
100g golden caster sugar
1 lemon, juice only
½ mango, peeled and diced
a few small mint leaves for decoration
- Remove the passion fruit pulp with a spoon and briefly heat in a small sauce pan. Sieve it and discard the pulp.
- Slowly bring the cream and sugar to the boil in a heavy-based sauce pan, stirring continuously to help dissolve the sugar.
- Take it off the heat and add the lemon juice and passion fruit pulp. Stir and let the mixture cool slightly.
- Pour the cream into six 100ml glasses and chill in the fridge for two hours.
- Serve the possets garnished with diced mango and mint leaves .
Peanut butter shortbread
Makes about 16 rectangles
120g butter, softened
30g caster sugar
20g light Muscovado sugar
50g chunky peanut butter
200g plain flour
- Stir the butter, sugars and peanut butter together.
- Stir in the flour. Use your hands to bring the mixture together, but try not to overwork it.
- Divide the dough in two and roll into a 0.5cm thick rectangles. Wrap in clingfilm and chill until firm.
- Heat the oven to 180C/ 160C fan/ gas mark 4. Take the dough out and trim the edges. Then cut into 10x2cm rectangles.
- Gently lift them with a spatula and transfer them to a baking tray lined with silicone parchment. Prick with a fork and bake for 15-20 minutes. Serve with the possets.