Debut cookbook from the Observer‘s Rising Star in Food Award 2015, Mamushka is a celebration of the food and flavours of Ukraine and the “Wild East”, with over 100 recipes for fresh, flavourful and unexpected dishes from across the region. From the Moldovan giant cheese twist and Ukrainian buns with potatoes & shallots to Garlicky Georgian poussins with spicy plum chutney and Armenian pickled wet garlic; to Napoleon cake, Wasp nest buns and Apricot & sour cherry pie. To top it off, why not enjoy a digestif of Winter punch or Blackcurrant vodka?
Praise for Mamushka
- ‘This is a game-changer of a book.’ The Sunday Times
‘…a joyful celebration of Eastern European cooking’ Observer
- ‘My present to myself: not to be played with until my own writing is done!’ Nigella Lawson
- ‘Exotic, earthy dishes, vibrant colours, big flavours. This is real cooking, written about with so much love’ Diana Henry
- ‘From stuffed cabbage leaves to garlicky poussins, Olia Hercules’s recipes are redolent of long summers in her mother’s Ukrainian garden; rich, nourishing and enhanced by her stint as an Ottolenghi chef’ Observer Food Monthly
- ‘…a beautiful, fascinating and sumptuous tome.’ Tom Parker Bowles
- ‘There’s something wonderful about food writer Olia Hercules’ The Telegraph
- ‘The hottest new voice in food’ delicious. Magazine
You will like this excellent cuisine and you will be able to choose the best medicine.